Naturally, hair grows, lives and falls, but when hair loss becomes significant (more than 100 hairs per day) and permanent, it poses a real problem.
This affection affects both women and men. Even if for the fairer sex, it remains a real aesthetic handicap.
The cause of hair loss
We must distinguish between the temporary fall and the lasting fall. The first is non-localized and can occur after childbirth, surgery, or caused by a fever or stopping the contraceptive pill.
The second fall is more severe and can be caused by anorexia, depression, a deficiency of vitamins and nutrients such as magnesium, calcium, iron or zinc, and the hormonal imbalance due to menopause.
Natural remedies for the treatment of hair loss
Several ingredients and oils are available to us to overcome this problem, and several remedies will be offered, which will be based on onion and garlic.
These ingredients help prevent hair problems, thanks to their components.
When used on the scalp, onion provides sulfur, which helps counter hair loss by giving collagen, which helps produce skin cells.
Onion juice also helps to activate blood circulation and stimulate hair growth.
In addition, a study demonstrated the effectiveness of onion juice to treat alopecia in both men and women through an experiment.
Like an onion, garlic contains sulfur which contributes to good hair growth. It is suitable for the hair because it contains vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6 and C and selenium and manganese.
To this end, a study demonstrated the effectiveness of garlic gel in the treatment of recurrent alopecia.
1st recipe: Onion – garlic – coconut oil
Previous ingredients are adding coconut oil, which contains lauric acid, beneficial for hair proteins; it penetrates the hair to strengthen it.
And according to a study, it turned out that compared to sunflower oil, it was the only oil to reduce hair protein loss.
– Mix six peeled garlic cloves, and one peeled onion cut into pieces;
– Over low heat, put the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic paste. Simmer until the mixture turns a little brown;
– Remove the pan from the heat and let cool. Place the mixture in an airtight glass bottle and apply to the scalp and all of the hair;
– Massage for a few minutes and keep the mask on for thirty minutes, then wash your hair as usual.
2nd recipe: Onion oil – garlic – almond oil – Castor oil
Almond oil softens hair and acts as an emollient to smooth it out. Its compounds, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, help increase the hair’s resistance.
Finally, castor oil can regenerate new ones thanks to its fatty acids and minerals.
– Make a paste with onion and four cloves of garlic;
– Add a cup of almond oil and a teaspoon of castor oil to the mixture and stir with a spoon;
– Apply by massaging on the scalp and all the hair;
– Keep this mask on for about 30 minutes and wash your hair as usual.
3rd recipe: Onion – garlic – olive oil
Olive oil helps prevent the production of a hormone called DTH, which can cause hair loss. Likewise, it contains antioxidants such as vitamin E, which repairs damage to the hair.
In addition, a scientific study has shown that the oleuropein contained in olive oil is effective for the regrowth and growth of anagen hairs in the skin of mice.
– Add a cup of olive oil to the dough prepared with an onion and 4 cloves of garlic;
– Put everything in a saucepan over low heat until the mixture browns;
– Let cool, then apply on the scalp and all the hair.
– Keep this mask on for about 30 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual.