Your hair ? It’s very simple, they are so greasy that they shine in the night! Alright, we’re exaggerating a bit. But we’re here to help.
What are the characteristics of oily hair and above all, how to remedy it? Here are some tips that should help you regain a healthy scalp.
Oily hair is not inevitable. With the right advice and the right products, you should have beautiful, healthy, shiny hair back in a matter of weeks.
What exactly is oily hair?
Oily hair is most often the consequence of a disorder of the sebaceous glands .
However, it turns out that these glands secrete sebum and provide hair lubrication and protection against pollution.
When the sebum is in excess, it suffocates the hairline and weighs it down. Oily, excessively shiny, they tend to grease just a few hours after the last shampoo.
Stress, an unbalanced diet, a period of great fatigue, unsuitable shampoos or even the excessive use of hair dye can accentuate the problem.
Oily hair, how to wash it?
We often hear that the more you wash your hair, the more it greases.
That’s right… at least in part: with the right shampoo, you can wash them as many times as you want.
- choose a shampoo suitable for oily hair or a neutral pH shampoo
- on damp hair, apply a small amount of product, no more!
- perform a light, quick massage of the scalp before shampooing . This enables the micro-circulation to be activated.
- lather and rinse immediately.
- make a final rinse with cold water to tone the hair and make it shine.
- do not use shampoo for babies or children: they are very gentle but have a superfatting effect which is not suitable for adolescents and adults.
- do not rub your head vigorously with fingernails when shampooing. This has the effect of “exciting” the sebaceous glands.
- only do one wash, the second has a stripping effect.
- rinse with lukewarm water: if you use water that is too hot, you stimulate the sebaceous glands more.
Oily hair, how to dry it?
- pre-dry your hair with a terry towel to remove excess water and shorten the drying time (the hairdryer will damage the hair).
- When drying your hair , use a circular motion to avoid staying too long in one place.
- Avoid using the hair dryer too close to the roots.
Oily hair, how to style it?
- do not use a metal comb, only plastic or horn.
- Avoid styling products which weigh down the hair and thereby stimulate sebum production.
In addition to the care you provide to your hair, it is essential to have a healthy lifestyle !
Watch your diet, sleep at least 7 hours a night …
You can also consider a course of nutritional supplements anti-oily hair, based on sulfur amino acids, zinc and vitamin B6.