Unlike women, men are more prone to hair loss. Genetic causes explain it. But other factors promote this alopecia.
For example, there is stress, the change of seasons, nutritional deficiencies, medications, etc. They attack the hair and cause it to fall.
In addition, it is pretty normal to lose hair per day. If you notice the drop is abnormal, see a dermatologist. He can advise you on remedies. In the meantime, check out a small list of natural home remedies.
Men are more affected by hair loss.
It is primarily men who have problems with hair loss, but what are the reasons?
Alopecia can be of hereditary origin. You must certainly know it as ” baldness. ” It affects around 70% of men.
It is the androgens, the male hormones, which are responsible. Moreover, it is also known scientifically under the name ” androgenetic alopecia. “
Testosterone converts to dihydrotestosterone in the blood and slows hair growth. As a result, it grows back more refined and more delicate and eventually stops growing.
Apart from genes, alopecia can also have other causes, including stress, dietary deficiencies, the change of seasons, drugs, etc.
The bulb of each hair is vascularized, and when you are stressed, the blood vessels contract. It is also one of the reasons why it becomes thinner and falls.
There is also the taking of anticoagulant drugs or chemotherapy. But, the reaction in each individual is different, and the hair usually grows back a month after treatment.
Among other things, the maintenance of the hair requires the sufficient consumption of iron. Indeed, it allows the blood to oxygenate them and keep them healthy.
When to know if the fall is abnormal?
Hair loss is a natural phenomenon that happens to everyone every day. Indeed, each hair has its life cycle: it grows, dies, and falls.
Thus, there are transient falls that last less than three months. In regular times, the fall is more frequent in autumn and at the beginning of spring.
Regardless of your age, it would help if you lost an average of 45 to 60 hairs per day. For some people, the fall can reach 100 a day.
It is beyond this number that you must ask yourself whether it is normal or not. You must then consult a dermatologist to find out what the causes are and the solutions to adopt.
How to prevent falls?
Thus, you must maintain them daily. Use a shampoo that is suitable for your hair type, preferably mild. Stop attacking it with a lot of products, and you have to let them breathe.
Natural solutions to fight hair loss
Most of the time, dermatologists prescribe hair loss shampoo, lotion, and serum.
There are natural remedies To stop reducing hair loss, and you can try them at home. They are harmless to the body and are effective.
Nettle: a natural hair loss prevention
Nettle is mainly found in shampoos for oily hair. Indeed, it helps to regulate the production of sebum. But, many people ignore its anti-alopecia virtue.
It is rich in iron, magnesium, vitamin B, and trace elements. It is especially effective when used as a lotion.
Here is a recipe to redo at home:
The list of ingredients:
- Fresh nettle leaves: 200 g
- White vinegar: 30 cl
- Water: 1 liter
Preparation and application:
- Boil the water.
- Add the nettle leaves and white vinegar.
- Leave to cook for about twenty minutes.
- Cool and leave in the fridge.
- Use the rinse lotion preparation by gently massaging the scalp.
A synergy of anti-hair loss essential oils
There are several essential oils allied with beauty, suitable for men and women. While others are for use on the skin, some have benefits for the hair.
Here is a recipe for making a massage oil to prevent and limit hair loss:
The list of ingredients:
- Ylang-ylang essential oil: 5 drops
- Rosemary verbenone essential oil: 5 drops
- Saint Thomas berry essential oil: 5 drops
- Sweet almond oil: 10 ml
- Wheat germ oil: 10 ml
Preparation and application:
- First, mix the vegetable oils of sweet almond and wheat germ.
- Pour the essential oils drop by drop.
- Apply to your scalp, massaging gently. Do this the night before your shampoo, and let sit overnight.
Green tea to prevent hair loss
Drinking green tea is ideally recommended for good maintenance of the hair. Being rich in iron helps to fill deficiencies.
It is especially Japanese teas: Matcha and bancha that contain the most. So much the better if you already consume it at home.
To use it as an anti-hair loss treatment, it should be drunk three times a day for three weeks.
Eat a good diet to prevent alopecia.
Your hair reflects a lot of things in you, such as your health. To maintain them in good health, you must then follow a healthy and varied diet.
In addition to the iron mentioned above, you must also stock up on:
- B vitamins (fresh vegetables and fruits, pulses, whole grains, dark green leafy vegetables, pollen, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, seaweed)
- Vitamin C (kale cabbage, broccoli, pepper, parsley, thyme, chives, dill, guava, kiwi, orange, strawberry, lychee, rosehip, acerola)
- Proteins (meat, fish, eggs, legumes, oilseeds, etc.)
- Omega 3 (fatty fish, nuts, linseed oil)
- Zinc (oyster, lean cocoa, wheat germ, roasted peanuts, brewer’s yeast, squash seeds, seafood, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, toasted cashews, parmesan, pine nuts, rye bread, thyme dry, coconut blossom sugar, quinoa)
- Suffer (egg, onion, fish, seafood, garlic, meat …)